Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center is looking for individuals with strong customer service skills to serve their community. Make a difference and earn a great income working in a fast-paced environment. No experience necessary. Come Save Lives With Us!
Applications are being accepted on an on-going basis regardless of position vacancies
HIRING HOURLY: $13.75
We ask that you only apply for a position once during this time period. Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2021.
Additional information about this position and Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center can be found by visiting http://workfor911.com/
Follow Charleston County 911 On Social Media
Duties and Responsibilities
Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center Administrative Telecommunicators answer, screen and process incoming non-emergency and administrative telephone calls. This position also monitors and processes calls received via 911helpme.com.
Administrative Telecommunicators' work four consecutive eight hour shifts followed by two days off. Administrative Telecommunicators are expected to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and all scheduled and unscheduled overtime. Employees are expected to work as called upon during emergencies, and be prepared to stay during the duration of the event.
Administrative Telecommunicators will participate in a combination of classroom and on-the-job training. On-the-job training will take place either from 6:00 am- 2:00 pm or 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm based on the availability and schedule of the trainers at the time of hire.
Must have a positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate well to a diverse group of people.
* Must be 18 years of age or older by date of hire
* Have a High School Diploma or the equivalent
* Must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or possess an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
* Must have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
* Demonstrate the ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute (WPM) or 10,500 key strokes per hour (KPH)
* Position requires a high school diploma (or GED)
* No marijuana use within the last year, no other drug use within the last three years
* Pass a background investigation which will include driving record, employment history, employment, education, and training verification, illegal conduct (drug use, etc.), reference check, and polygraph examination.
* Pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and psychological evaluation
* Be able to successfully complete Level IV CJIS Security Awareness Training within 6 months of date of hire, and maintain the certification.Closing Date/Time: 9/3/2021 11:59 PM Eastern