Community Development and Revitalization Department is looking for a highly motivated, knowledgeable Compliance Officer to perform regulatory audits, and determine program compliance using federal and county regulations. This position will design and implement a departmental review system to assess compliance with all regulatory requirements; assist in the development of new programs prior to implementation ensuring all compliance issues are considered. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of the Finance Director or an assigned Manager; however substantial leeway is given for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. Must be skilled in organizing complex reports and be proficient in Microsoft Office software.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $51,168 to $67,048 (Estimated Annual Salary)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and implements departmental review system to assess compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Reviews applications and records for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides technical assistance to participants, contractors, and service providers and other employees.
- Monitors financial activities of sub-recipients to determine compliance.
- Reports program status to local, state, and/or federal agencies as required.
- Maintains data bases necessary to the efficient functioning of the position.
- Participates in the administration of the financial functions and activities in an assigned area of responsibility.
- Performs regulatory audits of department/division files to ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and professional organizational rules and regulation and related grant programs.
- Maintains and processes all inactive department/division files and plans for storage.
- Attends training classes and meetings on topics relating to federal regulations, and grant funds.
- Responds to questions, comments, and requests in a courteous, timely manner.
- Provides needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to new employees in the same or similar class of positions.
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems.
- Attends and conducts meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions and reviews materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices, and new developments in assigned work areas.
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities.
- Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of the classification.
- May be designated to report to work during hazardous weather or emergency conditions.
- Performs other support to the finance division as needed.
- Assists in the development of new programs prior to implementation, to ensure that all compliance issues are considered when developing new programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution; and
- 10 years or more of experience in program operation; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Thorough knowledge of relevant local, state, federal, and professional organizations' regulations, and guidelines is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed knowledge of procedures necessary to the efficient and accurate performance of assigned tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant local, state, federal, and professional organizations' regulations, and guidelines.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using technical and nontechnical language.
- Skilled in accurately organizing complex reports and memoranda.
- Skilled in operating a personal computer using standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks, including GIS and Web software.
- Skilled in team building, goal development, and project follow-through.
- Able to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Able to navigate and leverage across multiple disciplines to achieve goals.
- Able to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions.
- Able to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Able and willing to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
- Able to use integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.