Construction Maintenance Worker I
Charleston County Public Works Department is looking for highly motivated, safety minded individuals who enjoy working outdoors to join our team!
Be a part of improving the quality of life for citizens, business, and visitors of Charleston County.
We offer competitive salary, a great benefit package, four-day workweek ( rain or shine ), and training and development opportunities for growth and advancement. Working for the County allows you to earn a pension and you will receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
HIRING HOURLY: $17.31
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 12/31/2023
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include: operating crew cab pick-up or box truck, utility task vehicle, zero turn and push mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, edgers, trimmers, pruners, blowers, pole saws, and various hand tools to provide grounds maintenance on County properties and/or maintenance of County drainage easements and road rights-of-way; assist with preventative maintenance of equipment and vehicles; maintain a clean and safe crew area; as well as other related duties as assigned. Positions are available on our Grounds Crews and/or Drainage Maintenance Crews.
- Ability to comprehend and execute written and verbal instructions
- Willingness to provide good customer service
- Ability to safely operate hand tools and power equipment using proper PPE
- Must be safety-minded and be able to work well in a demanding, team-oriented environment
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Reliable transportation to get to work
- Valid SC Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within (6) months
- Available to report to work during hazardous weather or emergency conditions