Construction Maintenance Worker I (Material Recovery Facility)
Charleston County Environmental Management is looking for a highly motivated, safety-minded individual who likes working outdoors, assisting members of the general public, providing outstanding customer service and performing a variety of tasks at our Material Recovery Facility. This employee's primary site will be at the Material Recovery Facility.
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $15.00 - $16.96
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 12/31/23
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under limited supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, performs general care of grounds, picking up trash and debris.
- Work is primarily performed outdoors, and incumbent to hot/cold weather, sun, rain, dirt, mud and sometimes to chemical sprays and dust.
- Operate truck and heavy equipment scales to ensure weight accuracies of materials ordered and received.
- Operate scale to effectively weigh all inbound and outbound trucks.
- Complete all required documentation for vehicles and loads entering or leaving the yard.
- Primary duties include answering incoming calls from the public take requests for service, address complaints, and inquiries about available services.
- Willingness and availability to assist at convenience sites throughout the County.
- Operate scale to effectively weigh all inbound and outbound trucks. County is willing to train the appropriate candidate.
- Complete all required documentation for vehicles and loads entering or leaving the yard. County is willing to train the appropriate candidate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Position requires equivalent combination of training and work experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to comprehend and execute written and verbal instructions
* Excellent customer service and communications skills
* Ability to safely operate hand tools and power equipment
* Must be safety-mined and be able to work well in a demanding environment.Closing Date/Time: