Corporate Staff Accountant
Date Posted: 09/28/21
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Category: Support Services
Salary Interval: Full Time
BE&K Building Group is an integrated construction services company serving advanced manufacturing + distribution, aerospace, biotech + pharma, food + beverage, mission critical, healthcare, higher education, and commercial clients. We are PROBLEM SOLVERS whose mission is to DELIVER INCREDIBLE RESULTS for our clients.
We attribute BE&K Building Group's strong reputation and standing in the industry to our client dedication, our solutions-oriented business approach, and our steadfast commitment to safety and an injury-free workplace. The essence of what makes BE&K Building Group a great business partner and place to work is our people. It's our people that ensure our projects are safe; it's our people that persevere through challenges, solve problems, and deliver solutions that improve our clients' experiences; and it's our people that make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
BE&K Building Group has commercial operations in Charlotte, Chicago, Greenville (SC), Houston, and Research Triangle Park (NC). Each office delivers strong management to service our clients nationally.
Services include Construction Management, Design-Build, Preconstruction, Program Management, Client Advisory, Risk Management, and Technology Consulting.
BE&K Building Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pernix Group, Inc.
We are constantly looking for talented team members to join our team! Please review the instructions in each step and complete each item.
Please remember to load your resume in the documents section before you finalize your submission.
Thank you for your interest in the BE&K Building Group!
Professional responsible for maintaining the general ledger, performing account reconciliations, administering purchasing card and expense reporting systems, analyzing and posting intercompany transactions, accruals, and payroll data, maintaining asset register, prepaid amortization, assisting in the close process and in financial reporting.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain the general ledger which requires the processing of journal entries, critical review of transactional data and reconciliation of account balances
2. Support the payroll process, which includes account mapping, reconciling payroll register and timesheets, reconciling payroll to bank activity, calculating and reporting fixed rates
3. Bank reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations
4. Maintain the asset register and depreciation records
5. Manage prepaids and the amortization thereof, as necessary
6. Administer the expense reporting system and supporting users
7. Administer the company's purchasing and travel card
8. Prepare monthly financial close adjustments and trial balances
9. Prepare ad hoc financial reports or analysis
10. Set up new GL accounts in Viewpoint ERP system
11. Research and assist in statutory tax filings
12. Prepare labor utilization reports
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or equivalent. CPA preferred
2. 3-5 years general accounting experience
3. Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
4. High Excel proficiency is a requirement
5. Should possess self-management skills and ability to work with limited supervision, solid computer skills
6. Prior experience in construction accounting is a plus. Experience in a general contractor environment is especially desired.
7. Experience with Vista Viewpoint software is a strong plus
8. Should be deadline oriented
9. Should have personal integrity and be sensitive to working with confidential information
Equal Opportunity Employer
BE&K Building Group (BE&K) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to the company's overall success. The company is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at BE&K are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. No job applicant or employee will be discriminated against or harassed because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, ancestry, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination at every location where the company operates.