Counselor I (Temporary)
This position provides group counseling and case management services on a part-time basis to patients in a residential substance abuse treatment milieu. It is a weekend position with some hours available during the week.
HIRING HOURLY: $20.40
Continuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from service, program and agency earnings. This is a Temporary position and no benefits are associated with it.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 12/31/2023
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing individual and group services.
- Documenting clinical services;
- Clinically assessing clients;
- Utilizing an electronic medical records system to maintain clinical records within applicable regulations and standards;
- Delivering services within agency, state, UCR and DHEC guidelines.
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field, with a minimum of 1 years of experience in counseling or case management; or a Bachelor's Degree in the same fields supplemented with at least 3 years of experience in counseling or case management;
- The selected candidate must obtain the SCAADAC Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) credential within 3 years of hire;
- Knowledge of several practiced therapies and counseling techniques, particularly those that are evidenced based;
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and computer skills;
- A valid SC driver's license.
- Master's Degree and current Certified Addictions Counselor credential preferred. Spanish Speaking candidates highly desired.