County Services Representative II
All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card.
Seeking a candidate to perform a variety of clerical, cashier, general office duties and information dissemination services for employees, visitors and other County departments.
Continuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from service, program and agency earnings.
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $13.66 - $15.39
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2021 OR UNTIL FILLED.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive cash for designated items, make change and reconcile cash drawer
- Apply receipts to appropriate client accounts
- Prepare daily deposit and internal cash batches
- Prepare and balance daily transmittals for Treasurer's Office
- Prepare external cash batches for Finance Office
- Answer department telephone calls and greet visitors and refer calls/visitors to appropriate department or personnel
- Respond to medical records requests from external sources, assuring proper releases and submitting information
- Provide previous records to internal sources if a client is readmitted
- Liaison with County Legal department for court orders and subpoenas
- Coordinating yearly destruction of old medical records
- High school diploma (or GED), and 1 year of experience in general office operations and/or customer service
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish speaking candidates highly desired
Closing Date/Time: 10/24/2021 11:59 PM Eastern