Awendaw District Fire Department is seeking a qualified Firefighter/Engineer for 48/96 shift work.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $42,765 - $56,019 (Estimated Annual Salary)
Employment contingent upon a criminal background check, drug screening, and a medical physical.
The Awendaw District Fire Department and Charleston County offers an exceptional benefits package.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
All prospective candidates must possess the following minimum requirements:
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent or higher
- Valid S.C. driver's license (Class E or CDL) with a good driving record (10 year driving record required with application)
- 5 years of experience as a Firefighter
- Current IFSAC or Pro-Board Firefighter II certification
- Current SCFA Emergency Vehicle Drivers Training (EVDT) certification
- Current SCFA Haz-Mat Operations Certification or higher
- Current SCFA Pump Operations I, or higher
- Current Medical Emergency Responder/Professional CPR Certification or higher
- NIMS/ ICS 100, ICS 200, and NIMS 700
- Ability to lift and drag at least 140 pounds and lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
Additional Preferred Certificates:
- NREMT-Basic or higher
- Incident Safety Officer
- Fire Instructor I or higher
- Fire Officer I or higher
- ICS 300 OR 400
- Pump Operator II