York County is located in the Piedmont region, between the Broad River and the Catawba River. Its diverse landscape is home to family-friendly towns/cities, a progressive urban region and lakefront communities. We are excited that you want to join our team and recognize that our employees are the foundation for our success.
Mission Statement - York County provides quality public services in an open, efficient, and responsive manner.
Vision Statement - York County provides an environment where all citizens and businesses can thrive and succeed.
York County has an array of parks for residents and visitors to enjoy! Whether you are looking for camping, swimming, leisure activities and/or recreational activities, York County's Parks has something for the entire family to enjoy. York County prides itself on providing exceptional parks and recreation experiences for all.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We invite you to apply to join our team as a Gatehouse Worker at Ebenezer Park. We are currently hiring one full-time position. The purpose of this position is to collect entrance fees from visitors entering the park; to provide excellent customer service and assistance to park visitors; and to perform related work as required.
Full-Time Schedule: Monday - Sunday (35-40 hours weekly) including weekends, evenings, and holidays
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors the park gatehouse and collects entrance fees from park guests; collects payments for shelter rentals.
- Explain park rules and regulations and provides requested information to park guests.
- Performs general clerical duties as required, including but not limited to answering the telephone, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, maintaining supply inventory, etc.
- May perform park store duties (e.g. sale of goods, cashier duties, and stocking) as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements: -
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- High School graduation or GED preferred, not required.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid state driver's license is preferred, not required.
Applicants with equivalent experience and/or education may be considered.
- Knowledge of performing semi-routine work following procedures with occasional problems.
- Knowledge of working as a cashier and/or the sale of goods.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in basic math skills such as addition and subtraction, such as providing cash change to park visitors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service to our Parks visitors and staff members.
- Ability to read simple sentences, instructions, or work orders; writing simple sentences and completing simple job forms; speaking simple sentences using basic grammar.
Physical & Dexterity Requirements:
Requires sedentary work that involves walking, standing for extended times and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis or routine keyboard operations.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, depth perception and color perception.
York County is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. The County seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that one of our core values, a qualified and diverse workforce, will be affirmed. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance requires the County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-05-16