All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card.
Charleston County GIS is looking for a talented and enthusiastic person to join the GIS team. The GIS Technician will work under limited supervision reporting to the GIS Coordinator. The responsibilities of the position include data editing, map production, assisting in database maintenance, and producing and updating web services on ArcGIS online and ArcGIS Enterprise.
Applicants are encouraged to submit examples of previous work.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $39,104 - $47,195 (Estimated Annual Salary)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the development of the County's GIS data and applications by analyzing proposed projects and providing input for geographic information solutions
- Designs, manages, and edits complex GIS datasets within a versioned geodatabase utilizing data validation and quality control techniques
- Creates, configures, and administers ArcGIS Online web applications
- Produces sophisticated map products and reports
- Serves in the Emergency Operation Center training exercises and real-world activations
- Serves as a backup for the maintenance of all addressing and road centerline GIS data layers
- Receives and responds to employee and citizen inquiries regarding GIS data and provides technical assistance
- Assists with software installations, upgrades, and training as needed
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings and maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the field of GIS and mapping technologies through research and training
Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Geographic Information Systems or a closely related field with 1 year of technical experience or an Associate's Degree with at least 2 years of technical experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of GIS concepts and applied science along with GIS software as developed by ESRI especially ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro
- Strong cartographic presentation skills
- Experience working within a versioned database
- Experience in developing and maintaining web-based applications using ArcGIS Online
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with representatives from all levels of the organization as well as members of the general public
- Ability to work collectively and independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction to given assignments, handle multi-tasking, work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Closing Date/Time: 11/1/2021 11:59 PM Eastern