Internal Auditor / Finance Summer Internship
York County is located in the Piedmont region, between the Broad River and the Catawba River. Its diverse landscape is home to family-friendly towns/cities, a progressive urban region and lakefront communities. We are excited that you want to join our team and recognize that our employees are the foundation for our success.
Mission Statement - York County provides quality public services in an open, efficient, and responsive manner.
Vision Statement - York County provides an environment where all citizens and businesses can thrive and succeed.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We are excited to hire a full-time Summer Intern to join the Internal Auditor Office. If you like being busy, working in the field and providing excellent customer service, apply today! This summer internship is expected to last three (3) months but may be extended up to six (6) depending on operational and departmental needs.
Work Schedule: 30 - 40 hours weekly with occasional evening hours depending on operational needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Internal Auditor.
- Performs inventory management on firefighting equipment utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- Itemizes and organizes inventory of firefighting equipment.
- Works on a variety of special projects related to Internal Audit.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other personnel, subordinates, volunteers, customers, service providers, community organizations, and the general public.
- Prepares required records, reports, and correspondence.
- Performs general clerical duties as required, including but not limited to answering the telephone, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, maintaining supply inventory, etc.
- Attends training, meetings, etc. as appropriate to maintain or enhance job knowledge and skills.
About you -
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a least a part-time basis in an accredited college in pursuit of receiving a degree in either Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid state driver's license required.
Applicants with equivalent experience and/or education may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply procedures and standards for the purpose of conducting field inventory.
- Ability to perform complex calculations, including but not limited to descriptive statistics, advanced geometry, or algebra.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret engineering plans, legal document, policies, codes, and other technical documents.
- Ability to analyze and interpret various forms of data.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
Physical and Dexterity Requirements:
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis or routine keyboard operations.
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up or down or to the left and right when vision is fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision.
Potential Environmental Conditions and Hazards:
The job may risk exposure to indoor environment, outdoor environment, extreme temperatures, moisture and/or humidity, dust, mechanical hazards, and potential for violence/physical altercations.
York County is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. The County seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that one of our core values, a qualified and diverse workforce, will be affirmed. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance requires the County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-05-22