Inventory Control Supervisor
Supervises all facets of Inventory Control and Supply Chain Management using principles of good stewardship and responsible practices on behalf of the Facilities Operations Department.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $46,954 - $63,856 (Estimated Salary Range)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops and monitors the annual Facilities Operations Inventory budget
* Proactively manages all functions related to procuring/warehousing/issuing commonly stocked parts and supplies as well as special items needed by Facilities technicians to support the department's mission. This includes 6 warehouses: Central, PSB, DAODAS, SHD, LIB, and JUD
* Maintains rigid adherence to best practices standards for sourcing and stocking and accounting for needed items such as parts, tools, uniforms, cleaning supplies and other supplies as needed by Facilities Operations team members
* Provides extensive research and due diligence recommendations to Fleet Operations as well as Facilities Operations on the purchase of vehicles and stock items
* Supervises the coordination of Facilities Operations Fleet maintenance Specs, sources, tracks new vehicle orders and liaises with Fleet Operations on delivery
* Manages departmental radio tracking, assignment, and maintenance
* Provides superior customer service to internal and external customers
* Trains, leads, supervises direct report (Inventory Clerk) in all departmental standards and professional develop efforts
* Keeps Asset Analyst II, departmental management, and technicians abreast of all information pertinent in a timely and responsible manner
* Develops and improves strategies and policies across all channels for procurement plans for future expansion of Inventory services and deliverables
* Maintains OSHA approved handling and storage of hazardous materials
* Serve as backup administrator on Facilities Operations Integrated Work Management Systems software
* Attends meetings, conference calls, scheduled training, reviews materials to remain current on the principles, best practices, safety compliance measures, budget, and invoicing policies. Performs other duties consistent with position classification and may be required to report to work during inclement weather or local emergency events of Charleston County Facilities Operations on as-needed basis.
* Effectively takes ownership of Inventory Department's portion of software migration efforts pertaining to CMMS to IWMS. Experience with software migration helpful, but not mandatory provided candidate has ability and desire to ramp up quickly.
* At least 10 years direct experience in Inventory Management with at least 5 years within Facilities Operations specialty
* At least 3 years in a supervisory role for at least 1 direct report
* At least 3 years direct responsibility for budgetary creation, control, reporting
* Valid S.C. driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required and the ability to effectively problem solve and troubleshoot a variety of situations.
* Exemplary customer service/support skills are required and experience using word processing, email, spreadsheet functions, and /experience working with Integrated Workplace Management systems (IWMS).
* Successful candidate must be able to pass a SLED background check and pre-employment medical physical.
* Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, climbing and the capability to lift 50 lbs. A valid driver's license with no restrictions is required.Closing Date/Time: 4/30/2021 11:59 PM Eastern