Landfill Operations Manager
Environmental Management is looking for Landfill Operations Manager. The successful candidate will oversee landfill staff, contractors, and vendors. The person selected for this position must maintain current and thorough knowledge of all local policies and procedures governing the use of the Charleston County landfill.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $90,272 to $118,310 (Estimated Annual Salary)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly or through supervisory staff selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and reviews the work plan for solid waste, landfill maintenance, scale house operations, and landfill gas conversion operations and activities (when and if installed)
- Participates in the development of the scale house, landfill operations and maintenance annual budget; participates in forecasting funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures; implements adjustments.
- Assumes management responsibility for assigned services and activities of solid and liquid waste operation, as well as LFG technology.
- Manages and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs affecting the operations and maintenance of the landfill.
- Oversees the work of private contractors including, but not limited to, those involved with operation and maintenance of organic waste and liquid waste materials recovery and recycling.
- Identifies opportunities for improving methods and procedures; identifies resource needs; obtains approval for improvements as needed/required; implements improvements.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations related to the field of solid waste and organic recovery and recycling operation.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive customer inquiries and complaints.
- Prepares all statistical reports for Regulatory and County Review.
- Reports directly to Director of Environmental Management
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Management, or a related field and two years or more of experience in Solid Waste Management, at least half of which is supervisory; or
- A high school diploma and four years' or more experience in Solid Waste Management, two years of which is supervisory
- Must be able to read and take measurements blueprints and engineering drawings
- Candidate must have Landfill Operator Certification or be able to obtain same within 12 months of employment.