The principal function of this position is to ensure the integrity and security of official assessor's office documents by functioning as the operational supervisor of the Records Unit staff. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of the Deputy Assessor for Administration, but extensive leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgement and initiative. Must be able to deal effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people over the phone, in person or through electronic transmissions.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,017 - $59,051 Estimated Annual Salary)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day guidance and direction for the preservation and handling of documents related to appeals, legal residence, agricultural applications, building permits and other miscellaneous documents.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and direction for the data entry related to computerized systems that track appeals, applications and building permits
- Provide day-to-day guidance and direction for the imaging and indexing of all incoming documents and correspondence.
- Complies with documentation retention requirements set by the S.C. Dept. of Archives
- Complies with document retention requirements for appraisal as established by the Uniform Standards of Appraisal Practice (federal requirement)
- Researches and replies to requests under FOIA from the public, CPA's, tax representatives, attorneys, and courts.
- Monitors staff activities and provides support and training when needed.
- Participates in all aspects of personnel administration, including participating in hiring and termination decisions and preparing annual evaluation reports.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution, with a Bachelor's Degree preferred and
- 3 years or more of experience in Records Center management at the supervisory level or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.