Recovery Assistant – Temporary
This position monitors the safety of and provides support to clients in a residential drug and alcohol treatment center. The work schedule varies but includes mainly evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
STARTING HOURLY: $15.00
Chosen candidates will be required to work at least 50% of monthly weekends. Holidays are rotated.
Continuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from service, program and agency earnings.
This is a Temporary position and no benefits are associated with it.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observing patients, listening to their concerns, recording your observations;
- Excellent customer services skills;
- Assisting agency medical and nursing staff;
- Taking patient vital signs;
- Transporting patients to and from various destinations in a 15-person passenger van;
- De-escalating situations;
- Maintaining a safe and secure treatment environment through completion of room and belonging searches, safety inspections, and reporting of safety issues should they arise;
- Role model pro-social attitudes and behaviors to the patient population;
- Assisting patients in maintaining their activities of daily living (eating, hygiene, maintaining a clean living space, etc.);
- Orienting new patients to the treatment milieu;
- Working collegially with the nursing, medial and clinical staffs.
- High School Diploma/GED;
- Must obtain a Substance Abuse Specialist (SAS) certification within 3 years of hire;
- Will be expected to obtain and maintain CPR certification;
- A valid SC Driver's license;
- Copy of SC DMV 10 year driving record that includes no suspensions during that time;
- Basic computer skills.
Current SAS and/or experience working in a residential treatment setting preferred.Closing Date/Time: