Temporary/Seasonal Recreation Specialist
York County is located in the Piedmont region, between the Broad River and the Catawba River. Its diverse landscape is home to family-friendly towns/cities, a progressive urban region and lakefront communities. We are excited that you want to join our team and recognize that our employees are the foundation for our success.
Mission Statement - York County provides quality public services in an open, efficient, and responsive manner.
Vision Statement - York County provides an environment where all citizens and businesses can thrive and succeed.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We are excited to have a temporary/seasonal Recreation Specialist join our team with the Parks and Recreation Department. If you like being busy, working outside and providing excellent customer service, apply today! This position will be responsible for monitoring and supervising the usage of the park; providing information and assistance to park visitors; and performing related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the park and collects entrance fees from park guests if needed.
- Explains park rules and regulations and provides requested information to park guests.
- Prepares required records, reports, and correspondence.
- Performs general clerical duties as required, including but not limited to answering the telephone, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, maintaining supply inventory, etc.
- Attends training, meetings, etc. as appropriate to maintain or enhance job knowledge and skills.
- May perform park duties (e.g. sale of goods, cashier duties, and stocking duties) as needed.
- Performs various manual tasks in the maintenance of facility.
- Assists the site supervisor in planning and directing games and various duties such as scorekeeping for sporting events, monitoring usage, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other personnel, subordinates, volunteers, customers, service providers, community organizations, and the general public.
- Stocks cleaning and bathroom supplies.
- Opens and closes facilities.
- Sets up facilities for rental and other events; cleans facilities following events.
- Cleans and restocks restrooms.
About you -
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be 16 years of age.
- High School graduation or GED preferred.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid state driver's license preferred.
Applicants with equivalent experience and/or education may be considered.
Physical and Dexterity Requirements:
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis or routine keyboard operations.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, depth perception and color perception.
Potential Environmental Conditions and Hazards:
The work is typically performed outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, and machinery with moving parts. Work may require the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
2215. Part Time Recreation Specialist Field Day Part at Lake Wylie Park 7.11.22.docx
York County is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. The County seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that one of our core values, a qualified and diverse workforce, will be affirmed. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance requires the County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-05-31