Trades Technician Supervisor I – Plumbing
This position assures repairs and replaces water heaters, water fountains, mixing valves, faucets, and water lines, unclogs drains, toilets, sinks and all other plumbing repairs. Must be able to master the department's work order system. Responsible for ensuring backflows are tested according to Charleston Water System's schedule, all deficiencies are corrected and required documents provided to Charleston Water System in a timely manner. Assures all work orders are properly documented with labor and materials and are entered and completed daily. Coordinates with other Facilities Management shops and/or contractors to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Supervises all contracted maintenance work. Ability to work within the County's procurement procedures. Completes all administrative reports, payroll forms, appraisals, etc. within established deadlines. The selected individual may from time to time be involved in facility alterations, renovations and other maintenance duties as needed.
Hiring Range: $57,324 - $75,129 (Estimated Annual Salary)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 12/31/2023
Minimum Education: Position requires a High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Qualification: Five years or more of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory role. Minimum of four years of experience in the commercial plumbing trade and a minimum of three years in a building maintenance plumbing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building. Must be highly efficient with Microsoft office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required and the ability to effectively problem solve and troubleshoot a variety of situations.
- Exemplary customer service/support skills are required and experience using word processing, email, spreadsheet functions, Office 365, and power point.
- Ability to provide feedback in both written and oral forms.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7 and available to work various shifts.
- Must be available for and report to work during a declared County emergency.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a SLED background check and preemployment medical physical.
- Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, climbing and the capability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be a US citizen and have a valid SC Driver's license with no restrictions or ability to obtain one prior to hire.